Accidentally in 1903, the remains of Arab baths in the Field of Martyrs, which months later were buried were found. Between 1961 and 1964, a group of historians Cordoba brought out such construction, noting the large size of it. These bath or hammam, contiguous to the late Umayyad Alcázar, which certainly belonged possibly be the most important in the city. Ablutions and bodily cleanliness were an essential part of a Muslim's life. They were mandatory prayer, besides being a social ritual. Done under the caliphate Alhakem II, form a set of rooms with masonry walls. They close with vaults (where the characteristic star appear skylights), supported by ultra capitals and semicircular arches on marble columns. During the eleventh to thirteenth centuries, were reused by Almoravids and Almohads, the proof is in the plaster carved acanthus motif and epigraphic bands of the time that is saved in the archaeological museum.