The Fernandine Churches is the name given to a number of religious buildings built under King Ferdinand III after the conquest of Cordoba in 1236, many of which were built over former mosques. Fernando III planned fourteen parishes or districts, seven in the Axerquía and seven in the former Medina, known later as the Villa. These buildings have a distinct Romanesque feel combined with Gothic and Moorish elements. The cloister of this restored convent church -with a Baroque portico- imbues this part of Cordoba with an almost romantic air. Inside, it has an important collection of paintings, especially that of La Cabeza de San Andrés, the first known work by Valdés Leal and the 17th-century carving, christ crucified.