YEAR CONSTRUCTION: The building that is preserved, Baroque architecture, dates from the early years of the eighteenth century.
STYLE: Baroque style.
LOCATION: Plaza de la Trinidad, 14003 Córdoba
INTERIOR: The plant is of Latin cross, of a single ship, with a cruise of dimensions reduced, quite high walls covered by vault of tube and lunettes with windows. On the transept stands the dome that rests on pendentives. It has a choir at the foot, also covered with a barrel vault, on the sides of which open lunettes decorated with mural paintings of vegetal and heraldic themes.
The church has a rectangular sacristy with a ribbed vault. He keeps a very curious place as if he were going to a room that has the peculiarity of being decorated with very valuable paintings by Antonio Palomino.
The main facade is very sober, revoked in white; it highlights the baroque stone doorway, with two bodies plus the comb top.
HISTORICAL REVIEW: When King Ferdinand III conquered the city of Córdoba in June 1236 he did not find a single Catholic church from the time of the Visigoths, when it had been the seat of Bishop Osio. Such churches had existed, but mosques were built in their place. 1 Under his authority and patronage, a series of churches and a convent were restored and built. They are known as Fernandina churches, of transitional Gothic style (from Romanesque to Gothic): Santa María Magdalena, Santiago, Santa Marina, San Miguel, San Nicolás de la Villa, Santo Domingo de Silos, El Salvador, San Nicolás de Ajerquía, San Juan de los Caballeros and finally Omnium Sanctorum. Since then some have disappeared, others joined together. This was the case of these two, which in the year 1799 were merged forming a single parish, the parish of San Juan (later San Juan and Todos los Santos) that was in the place where is the school of the Slaves; The tower of this church is still preserved.
After the confiscation of the nineteenth century this parish was moved to the church that had been the convent of the trinitarian friars, a convent that in turn had been founded by the holy king. Since then the temple has been known as the parish of La Trinidad.
BROTHERHOOD: Brotherhood of the Holy Face and Brotherhood of the Way of the Cross.