CONSTRUCTION YEAR: 17th century
LOCATION: Buen Pastor Street, Córdoba
HISTORICAL REVIEW: The convent was founded by San Juan de la Cruz in 1586, for the community of the Reformed Carmelites. He counted for his project with Luis Fernández de Córdoba, dean of the cathedral. On April 27, 1586, the hermitage of San Roque was ceded to him, and on the 28th he obtained official approval for the settlement of the Carmelite community in Cordoba. For a few years, the saint lived in the convent, as a tombstone remembers.
The Carmelites abandoned the building in October 1613 to move to their new convent, on Avenida de las Ollerías.
The church is accessed from the north gallery of the cloister. It has a Latin cross plant with short arms, with a high choir placed at the feet. It is covered by a barrel vault with lunettes and arches fajones that divide it into sections. The main altar has no altarpiece and in the presbytery there is part of a 17th century masonry. On the other hand, small baroque altarpieces are distributed in the nave, housing modern sculptures.
Although the exact place is unknown, it is believed that Father Roelas is buried in this church.
After finishing the restoration works, in 2003, the images of Our Father Jesus of Forgiveness and Mary Most Holy of Rocío were transferred to this church -his temple- from the Church of the Trinity.