In the fifteenth century San Álvaro of Córdoba purchased land called Torre de Berlanga to found a monastery. The original church building was finished in 1442 and the convent shortly after. Sixteenth century dates the first reconstruction, the most important in the eighteenth rush. The whole church is decorated with baroque murals. The altarpiece surprisingly be made without polychrome wood, color preserving its natural color, which was unusual in the eighteenth century. In 1836 the convent was demolished church preserved. The procession of Santo Domingo is the first of the spring held in Cordoba, get great devotion.