It was constructed in 1566 on order of Luis Méndez de Haro, Marquess of the Carpio, as it prays in an inscription that appears on the door of the entry.
Of prismatic form and square section, his material of construction is the stone molinaza. His base measures 4,5 meters abreast for 4 meters of the bottom and the total height is of approximately 15 meters.
The primitive tower was coming up to the body of bells opened by means of arches and closed above with a roof to four waters. The current clock of four spheres forms a part of a top body that was added in 1953.